Sunday, May 25, 2008

PERCEPTION MATTERS...

Well this is something that I learnt & it really took me a long time....almost 3 years.In my initial days of photography I thought that a good cam with great specifications is all that one needs to capture those ''AMAZING'' pictures.If I am not wrong then many of you would have also thought the same way.But gradually I came to know how worng I was in thinking that way.
As I have told you people ealier that in my early days I did not have a proper cam to take pictures with.All I had was my nokia 3250(well I still have it now).A lot of my friends at that time already possessed digicams & after having a look at the pictures taken by them the first thought that came to my mind was ''gosh...I badly need a digital camera if I have to take decent pictures".But as days went by I realized how wrong I was.
Believe me guys its not the cam & the specifications of the cam that matters.What matters most is your perception towards your subject.Your ability to view your subject in a different way from the common people is what enhances your creativity & makes you different as a photographer.Beauty doesn't change.Its the view or rather the way you look at it that keeps changing from person to person.





This showpiece that you are seeing was always there but no one ever thought of it the way I did & perhaps that's why no one ever thought of capturing this beautiful statue.In our daily life there are loads of things that we come across but we never see those things the way they should be seen.If it had been so then this world would really have been a much more beautiful place to live in than what it is now.That's where creativity comes in.It allows you to look beyond the obvious & maybe see something that's really worth noticing.People have their own ideas of photography & its the same for me as well.But I try to keep my ideas & thoughts different from the rest.I really don't know how far I have been able to do that.Its upto you people to decide but I try my utmost to think differently from the common mass.For me photography is not just capturing the beauty that is obvious.For me photography is to let my creativity run wild & I try to see things beyond the obvious.




I wonder if this beautiful lady was ever been observed as anything other than a mere show piece!!But I definitely found a lot more in it & maybe that's why I decided to capture it.There may have been numerous occasions when this statue has been admired by people just as a showpiece but I seriously doubt how many times have people considered the real beauty of this lady laiden in golden rust.The downcast eyes of this lady gave me sense of quietness.She looks calm & composed & yet those eyes can speak volumes for herself without even uttering a single word.That's the reason why I chose to capture just her face & not the full body.
I would really like to know your thoughts & views on whatever I have discussed.I hope you all will like this post of mine!Please let me know your honest comments...

No comments: